Quordle is a challenging and exciting word game that requires players to create words from a set of letters. One of the keys to success in Quordle is choosing the right starting word. But with so many options, it can be hard to know where to begin. If you’re struggling to find the perfect starting word for your Quordle game, don’t worry – we’ve got you covered.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll take a detailed look at some of the best starting words for Quordle, including words that contain rare letters and double letters, as well as words that can be used to form plurals. We’ll also discuss strategies you can use to make the most of these words, and answer some frequently asked questions about Quordle. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned Quordle pro, you’re sure to find something useful in this guide.
Why Starting Words Matter in Quordle
Starting words are crucial in Quordle because they set the tone for the rest of the game. A good starting word can give you an edge by providing you with a set of letters that are easy to work with, or by helping you to form more words overall. On the other hand, a poor starting word can make it difficult to create new words, resulting in a lower score.
Best Starting Words for Quordle
- “QUAIL” Quail is a great starting word for Quordle because it contains a Q, which is a rare letter that can be difficult to work with. Using Quail as your starting word gives you the opportunity to use the Q in other words and rack up points.
- “RAZOR” Razor is a great starting word for Quordle because it contains a Z, another rare letter. It also has an R, which can be used to form plural words, like “razors” and “razorback.”
- “JIVE” Jive is a great starting word for Quordle because it contains a J, which is also a rare letter. Additionally, Jive has a double letter, which can help you form words more easily.
- “FLEE” Flee is a great starting word for Quordle because it contains a double letter E. It will allow you to form words like “fleece” and “fleeing” which have higher points and good chance of getting points.
- “GLEE” Glee is a great starting word for Quordle because it contain double letter E. This double letter will help you to create words like “gleeful” and “gleefully”
These are just a few examples of the many great starting words you can use in Quordle. By using words that contain rare letters, double letters, or letters that can be used to form plurals, you’ll be able to create more words and score more points.
Strategies for Using Starting Words
- Look for words with rare letters. As mentioned in the above section, starting words that contain rare letters like Q, Z, and J can give you an advantage in Quordle. Rare letters are less common and therefore will give you the opportunity to form words that are more unique and score more points
- Look for words with double letters. Double letters, like in Jive and Flee, can make it easier to form new words. Words with double letters gives you more chances to form words with repeating letters and also with suffixes that you can add to your starting word. Like adding “ing” or “ed” to “flee” will form words “fleeing” and “fled”.
- Look for words with letters that can be used to form plurals. Starting words like Razor which contain letter ‘s’ can help you to form plurals and score more. Plural forms of words generally tend to be more common and thus can be used to form more words and increase your score.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Quordle? Quordle is a word game in which players create words from a set of letters. The goal is to form as many words as possible in a certain time limit, and players score points based on the length and rarity of the words they form.
- How do you play Quordle? To play Quordle, you are given a set of letters and must create as many words as possible within a certain time limit. Players can only form words by using the letters in the set, and must use each letter at least once. Points are awarded based on the length and rarity of the words you form.
- What is the highest-scoring word in Quordle? The highest-scoring word in Quordle varies depending on the specific set of letters you are given, but generally speaking, words that are longer and contain rare letters tend to score the most points.
Choosing the right starting word can give you a significant advantage in Quordle, but with so many options to choose from, it can be hard to know where to begin. By using words that contain rare letters, double letters, or letters that can be used to form plurals, you’ll be able to create more words and score more points. With the help of this guide, you’ll be well on your way to becoming a Quordle master.